4/19/2011

MAC_Wk4_Reading Reflection (chapters 9-12)

Woburn Pond, MA by S. Noack

I always hope that I can lighten my students up with my passion for languages, through my teaching.  I always want to believe that my students are fully interested in the subject.  When I find students completely reluctant to the class, I try to see what they like, how I can connect with their interests. 
I relate this situation with being the board.  It is not the students.  It is not the school where I work.  It is my choices and I.  I need to get better choices specially dealing with disruptive students in my classes. I believe that by creating conversations that matter to these students I could create a framework for possibility. I could start even with one of my students who has ADHD and my easiest solution has been taking him out of class. Since he is enrolled in my class seventh grade, he needs to be there.  I will try.  It is not easy! How fascinating!
On the other hand, it has been very encouraging when I have had the chance to encourage my students to dream in great, it does not matter the level of education. I think there would be at least one student really listening the words of encouragement and going for it.  I have seen students who did not see a future after high school, but now they have a career. 
Now, we need to keep transforming from the “I” to the “WE” through practice. What we, each of us, need to do is to trust in God that He may give us the wisdom, the courage and compassion to make a difference in our own lives and in the people around us. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, wonderful observations and comments. The environment or circumstances should not dictate our vision but be the jumping off point, the place we came from, not the place we are limited to.

    ReplyDelete