4/01/2011

MAC_Wk1_Post1_ Reading Reflection

After going through the whole material about copyright issues I felt I had finally got some idea what that meant.  I could see that, as I was expected, it is not an easy topic in the sense that there is not just a selection of black and white. Copyright is a fixed work that can be seen or heard while fair use is a legal defensible position; and that Creative Commons Solution is a copyright at Internet speed.

I saw that copyright has been going on an endless process since it has to be within the culture and culture is in constant change especially with the new technologies.  Everyday there are new tools and there should be again new regulations! What should we consider private or public? What would be the new restrictions or codes?

As a language teacher, I feel that the fair use is a great tool to keep.  Since it allows me to use different materials from the Internet to show facts to my students about the language and the culture. But I still have my doubts when I take things from the web sites such as PowerPoint Presentations and they do not have any name or any evidence of copyright.  This part of the content was also a wake up call on what I use and how I use the material in my classes.  I also realized that I have never used the Creative Commons in any of my small creations.  I am wondering when that would be worthy to use?   

1 comment: