9/09/2010

BP4 web 2.0 tool review


One of the tools I fond in my web 2.0 tools research was the one called MYNA.  It is the Aviary’s browser-based audio editor. Aviary is a powerful suite of browser-based design tools for people who create.   It's free to try their tools or sign up! You do not need to download the program! 

Some of the uses are to remix music track and audio clips.  I have not used personally, but the demo is very convincing!  I hope to present this to my colleagues to put it into practice in our classes.

Myna has a powerful clip editing.  It also has effects.  You can import or export your audio files to your desktop.  You can also collaborate with other users. For more information watch the following video.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Sandra. I‘m really intrigued by this application. It seems to be a nice, user friendly web 2.0 version of something like Garage Band. I’m always looking for user friendly audio solutions as I really have no background in audio production. This would be an excellent tool for collaboration between musicians, but the potential for building a community of practice. I can also envision Myna to be of great benefit to a music teacher because of the user friendliness and the ability for student and teacher to generate content together. Upon looking at their website I discovered that Aviary has several tools that appear useful in media creation manipulation. This might be a good “one stop shop” for a program or an educator on a tight budget. This is an excellent find and I thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete